Since WordPress custom post type were introduced many more testimonial plugins have been developed. Many of them are a better solution than using WordPress Link to achieve this and I would suggest that you see if one of these suits your purposes.
If you are a developer and would like to continue maintaining the plugin, let me know and I’ll give you commit access to the WordPress repository.
Provides a PHP function
wp_list_testimonials to output your blogroll in the format of testimonials using
It uses the notes field of the blogroll link as the main quote, the link name as the cite, and the link description as additional information following the cite if provided.
The function accepts the same arguments as the get_bookmarks WordPress function.
- Manage your testimonials via your Blogroll.
- Include/exclude specific categories.
- Set testimonial ordering
- Simple PHP function to include in your templates.
1. Download the archive file and uncompress it.
2. Put the “wp_list_testimonials” folder in “wp-content/plugins”
3. Enable in WordPress by visiting the “Plugins” menu and activating it.
You can then implement it in your templates using
< ?php wp_list_testimonials(); ?> passing any arguments you require. See the documentation for the WordPress get_bookmarks function.
You can track changes to the plugin in the wordpress plugin SVN.